Friday, March 26, 2010

Ullrich celebrates double victory - now on four wheels



Nurburgring - Jan Ullrich is switched - from two to four wheels. And successfully.
In the second round of the Endurance Championship at the Nurburgring Nordschleife, the former Tour winner in the class over 2500 cc diesel engine was equivalent to a double victory.
Double victory - how does it matter? "Ulle was" both the winning car with Henning Meyersrenken and Thomas Haider (both Cologne) and the second placed team with the former cross-country champion Mike Kluge (Denzlingen) and Harald Becker (Emmel things) with the wheel.
     "I'm safer with every lap and I'm super happy," said Ullrich, who rode in preparation for his scheduled start in the 24-hour race at the Nurburgring only his second race: "I overtake more and more other participants. In the rain, I really only had trouble keeping the tires up to temperature. " Responded to his double victory, he said: "Yeah, I suddenly saw before me and then itself obsolete."